Sunday, October 19, 2008

Girl Scout Encampment


This was a weekend of Girl Scouts getting together at Camp!

Jasmine and I took 7 of our girls to an encampment this weekend. The theme of the camp was called "Disney Encampment". Each troop had to decorate their campsite with a disney movie. Our theme was "WALL-E". Right now that is Raquel's favorite movie and she was so excited that this was our theme. She wore her WALL-E tshirt all weekend.. It definitely needed a wash after the camp was over..

This was our first encampment so it was a great experience and we learned so much! Our little troop stayed in the lodge. Boy were we glad we did! The troops that tented froze their BEHINDS off! We were nice and toasty in our lodge..Ha ha!

We're not able to to Tent until we get training..But we liked lodging instead..We might just call ourselves "The Tentless Leaders".
In time we will tent, of course..


In the beginning of our experience Raquel was very grumpy and moody..She didn't want to do anything but pout..That's what I get for being the leader..With me having to be at every event Raquel will be who she "really" is... But she finally warmed up and her beautiful personality came out. Until later on in the evening.. The troops put on little skits, or sang songs. Our troop did a little song from High School Musical..Raquel really wanted to do a WALL-E skit, but the others didn't know that movie very well. Anyways she didn't want to do the song because she said it's embarrassing to go up in front of everyone..I don't blame her..There were a lot of girls there.

During Camp, I saw many people/girls I knew from the kids school..I saw parents that I see everyday and that was real neat..We got to experience this together and to talk about it at school..


Starting their activities


Friendship Bracelets
T-shirt stamping, finger painting, and flower petal pounding were among several things the girls got to do.






During our lunch hour we went to the mall for a scavenger hunt. That was a lot of fun.




Here is Victoria (my co-leaders daughter) and Raquel having a little picnic.Myself and Jasmine..Happy Clams! We had a great time together.. Once the girls were sound asleep we couldn't stop talking and giggling. It was sort of like a little retreat, but with a bunch 2nd graders..
There's my "True" Beauty!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great time. What kind of training do you need to Tent?
C

Unknown said...

Dear Tiffany,
I want to give you lots of hugs. This is a big responsibility to take on and valuable to all of you. I remember the difficulty at times of my own kid in my group. After awhile I had to avoid it with one of them--never a problem with Caroline but then she was the oldest and I didn't take so much part in her young life--too busy with Ben.
I'm looking forward to seeing you at Thanksgiving!
May we all be well for the occasion,
Margo