Monday, October 13, 2008

Old Family Favorite

One thing that I try to do during the week is cook dinner.. I finally made the time to cook one of my favorite dishes: Meatloaf.. I grew up on this stuff and I sure miss having it.. I'm so glad Raquel enjoys it, but I don't think Joey loves it as much.. I made mash potatoes that I love and Raquel dies over. She was so excited that she kept standing on her chair, chanting: "Mr. Ugly Man"..I don't know what that meant, but it was pretty funny. Not great manners at the table, but I let it pass.
Joey almost gagged on the potatoes..I thought maybe he would like them now.. NOT SO.. Before he had a chance to gag, I told him not to gag... Will he ever outgrow the gagging?? He's almost nine! He's done this since he was a baby.. I don't get it.
Anyways, It was nice to have a home cooked meal that is an old family favorite..


2 comments:

Juana said...

None of my kids like mashed potatoes! And Aaron gags on them too!

Anonymous said...

I love meatloaf, too. And mashed potatoes make me think of my Grandma. She made the best. I vote with you and Raquel and Joey will just have to get used to them. Ha!

Julia, Chandra's daughter, still will gag at the oddest times. We can talk her down if we catch her soon enough.

Thanks for sharing with me.
C