We decided to spend the New year up in Green Valley Mountain(next to Big Bear).
When we arrived the kids just hung out on the couch, watching a movie..They weren't real into the snow at the time.. They didn't play in the snow until New Years day...
To bring in the New Year we played Yatzee. (did I spell that right?) Rylee and Raquel joined us as well.. For some reason Raquel had the luck for getting, I don't know how many Yatzee's, then anyone! So we got beat by a 7yr old..Go figure. Rylee did really well also...
It felt like forever for 2009 to come. We were all so tired..I guess it's age right? Larry made us all laugh through out the night by commenting how slow time was going.. 2009 finally came! Champagne was opened and eyes were ready to be closed for bed.
Then we figured it was time for some sledding. Raquel wasn''t real into the sledding this year, but did have a couple rides down the hill.
At first Joey was complaining his feet were too cold, but after a while he finally forgot about that and had a little snow fight with Sionna and Brandon. Unfortunatly Brandon came down with something and was not feeling great the whole day. My mom was coming down with a cold, and Sionna wasn't felling well either..Boy. What a way to bring in the New Year!
Things quieted down as the kids decided to read some books. I read a book to Sionna, but I'm not going to put that picture in here because I don't look so great..But Shan decided to display it on her blog..Thanks Shan!
Mom, Larry, Ricardo, Shan and I went for a little walk. The snow was just starting to melt, but it was still a slippery walk down the roads.
Here we are at the frozen lake. It wasn't frozen enough to walk on it though..But it was a pretty sight.




5 comments:
Aw, so cute! I got Shannon's pictures yesterday and now I get to see yours! They are so cute and it looks like such a great way to spend New Years. Too bad there were so many "sickies"....I hope everyone is feeling better by now and that you didn't catch anything! Thanks for sending this.
Love you!!!!!
I love the picture of the "old man walk".....and Ricardos picture of you me and mom doesn't even show the lake behind us...what's up with that?? I still can't believe we got out yatzeed by a 7 year old!! Larry would make a funny Dick Clark on the countdown, he should try out!!! LOL
I love to see the differences in our stories and the different pictures....so fun!
What a fun way to usher in the new year. We came home from Idaho on Christmas day where we had snow fall every day I think. That was enough snow for me for awhile. Also brought a cold home, yuck!!!
Happy New Year and hope to see you this year,
C
LOVE the pictures! Thank you!
Post a Comment