Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Spring Break Rapids

I finally slept in on this nice spring break morning.. Normally I'm getting up at 5 or 5:30am. I woke up at 6:30..That's sleeping in for me! Lucy, purring against me, I get myself out of bed. I saw that Ricardo had gotten up as well. I clean up the dried pots and pans, putting them away, while Lucy cries out for food.. "Ok, LuLu I'll get you some food" I say.
I go into the laundry room to get Lucy's food when I all of a sudden I hear a loud, spraying, sound coming from the kitchen..I swear someone was taking a shower in there, but of course that would be madness. I'm looking around and notice that water is spraying out from under the sink!!!! OH MY GOODNESS!!!! It was like a water rapids ride under the sink! I should have gotten an inner tube to take a cruise, but I was freaking out! I was reaching underneath the sink trying to find the problem, but I was getting soaked.. Pants and slippers getting a wash.. I run to the shower, yelling "Ricardo! the water pipes are bursting!!!" He runs out of the shower, turns off the main water pipe and whats left is a river of water, running all around us.. We get loads of towels and start soaking up the water. The kids are awake by this time, wondering what the heck is going on! The cat just staring at the mess.. As I was cleaning, all I could of think was, "oh my, what about my coffee?" Hahaha! What a wake up call huh?
The End.

1 comment:

Bema said...

Yikes! What a rude awakening! Coffee would definately been needed ad maybe something stronger!