Saturday, May 4, 2013

Time will only tell


I have to start with this:   I"m getting a bit overwhelmed with how busy mine and Joey's week is going to be, starting this sunday day.. It actually started on Thursday night with his "Peter Pan" rehearsal.. My mind is going on overdrive because I can see us going crazy trying to go from one destination to another.. Joey has 2  different plays this month.. Both plays have rehearsal all week starting Monday after school. I'm trying to wrap my brain around on how I'm going adjust the times between 3:30 and 4:30... We have to be in Poway by 4:30 but his school play rehearsal doesn't end until 3:30.. He has to be in costume and done with dinner by the time we make to Poway.. I'll be working backstage with props, so I have to think about both of us during "rush hour"  .. He's not allowed any food in the theater, but us backstage people can have a cooler .. Plus he will have Homework.. So he'll need to take that to rehearsal and hopefully won't forget to work on it during the time he is not on stage.. Plus our evenings don't end until after 10pm..We get home close to 11Pm because the drive home is about 25 min.
 You see what I'm getting at? It's nuts right? hahaha.. I need to make a plan, with food and time management.. Wish me Luck!

On another note, I reunited with a special friend yesterday morning.. Her name is Earlee.. Funny thing is, is that we went to High School together but never knew one another. Being a part of FB we decided to become friends. We had all the same friends but never actually met.. So for a few years now we have been talking online and being there for each other through our difficult times with our kids.. Being out of HS we all some how can relate to the same things.. Both our boys have Special Needs and so this brought us closer.. So finally, yesterday we met for breakfast..She lives in Arizona but she was in San Diego for a wedding, with her husband.. It was so great seeing/meeting her! It was so great to hear her voice and see her in person after so long.. We talked about our kids and just life.. I got to meet her husband as well.. What a great morning, Except I got a call from the kids school. Joey decided, on his own, that he wasn't going to take his meds for the day.. WTH? This week was State Testing. He was having a hard time focusing on the test.. Even with the meds he might have problems, but I know him and they do help with focusing. I understand he wanted to try the day without taking them, but it wasn't the right time to start trying hahaha..I just have to laugh about it now.. He's growing up and trying to be more independent.. I get that... We had a little discussion about maybe not doing meds in the summer or on weekends.. That will be up to him..But during school it's a different matter.. I'm hoping, down the line he will learn to focus without meds..Time will only tell..
Here we are.. Two moms, friends.. Love ya Earlee!


No comments: