Wednesday, January 7, 2009

"MY" Day at Disneyland

This was my experience at Disneyland. Normally Disneyland is a place where "Everyone is Happy".. Well, my day did start out that way, but not at Disneyland.. The kids and I get to the parking lot just fine. We wanted to go on the tram to get to the park but piles of people exploded in lines, waiting for the tram. You'd think if you have a stroller you could take a little walk to the park.. But people lugged their huge carry ons onto the trams. So we're waiting and waiting..I realized that I don't have our tickets! Good lord..I thought I dropped the e-tickets on the ground, but realized I left them at the car. So we race back to the car and thank goodness they were sitting where I placed them..On my trunk..Already my day is turning out crappy. Not just leaving the e-tickets on the car, but I accidentally deleted my e-ticket through email. Sucks.. Forward on!
We finally get on the tram. Driving along..lalalaa.. Hello Shannon!!!! we pass her up while she's walking with the girls.. We wave.. That was pretty funny to us.
In order to go into the park I have to confirm that I did pay for my e-ticket/annual pass. I decided to stand in line..I'm not talking line but major "around the world" line. Every line was like miles long! Shannon told me it was not gonna be good.. Thanks Shan! So she takes the kids for me and heads into the park..Bye Shan.. Have fun while I stand in line for hours! That did actually save me.. The kids were better off going without me while I wait, and wait. So I'm waiting..It's gonna be a loooong day. I have my backpack, standing around, then a lady who works there guided my line all away across to the other side to stand in another line that was shorter..I thought that was pretty awesome right? I'm walking along, feeling like a tourist with a bunch of foreigners, looking around, smiling. We get to the line. Short. NOT! it was just as long.. What the Hell! I finally have had it! I talked with another DLand person and she had me walk to another line(guest service area)..Ok, so I walk, again. I wait, again. This is just the beginning people! This felt like the longest morning of my life. Things looked great once I made it to my destination. I got in the PARK! I'm happy now.
Shannon took the kids on the train while I waited in the lines. Here, below, you can see I"m waiting, yet again, for them to get off the train. This was another "tourist feeling",

Here they are! My Girls and Boy! You can see Shan and the others in the background.





Our Journey begins.

First stop. The carousel.






Next, Pinocchio. As you can see Rylee doesn't like any rides. She cries the second you enter a ride.
By this time I'm doing pretty well, but not great. I had this weird sore throat coming on..I thought it was all in my head..Not so. We travel to get lunch. After lunch we travel again. Joey had to have his DLand map, so he asked some one from Pinocchio if he could have one of their maps..I was very proud of my boy! What a persistent young man I have here.














There he is with his map. I love these shots..He's so into finding out next destination. We decide to go to "Indiana Jones". The girls were too short for the ride, so it was just me and Joey. He got a little freaked out when we went deeper into the line. He started to cry saying he doesn't like this.. Poor little guy. I told him it was gonna be alright and that I was there with him.. Well that didn't help much..I understand. You all know how I feel about rides! No upside down or heights for me! So we get on the ride..It starts up.. We're getting jerked around like nuts in a can. (ooooh a cliche' haha!) Joey is scared..I'm getting a little scared and a stiff neck. We come to a halt. A long one actually. We stop and the lights turn on. We see everything! It's not so scary anymore. I'm not sure how long we waited for the ride to go again. But it didn't. We had to get off the ride and walk out. Just our luck right? This day is GREAT! We were almost done with the ride, but it had to stop right here.
There's Joey, waiting.











We get off and this is what I take from our walk. "Reel" Indie, hanging..That was actually pretty cool. It was almost like we were at a wax museum. Kind of cool. More tourist feeling here.

There we go, down the hill.. And another "Reel" Indie..














OK! Here we go again..Another ride for the kids. I do have a picture of us all in front of the castle, but Shannon hasn't given that to me yet..Hurry up sister! I'm waiting..(again. what else is new?)
She'll hate seeing this picture of her on the teacups..I think it's hilarious! LOL!














We're done with Disneyland by this time. So we head on over to California Adventure..As you can see, I didn't take a lot of pictures at CA because I wasn't feeling very well. We did go on one ride but then headed on over to the bathrooms.. It so happened that Raquels favorite little robot was standing close to the bathrooms..Interesting area to be, don't you think? It was just a cardboard cut out of WALL-E, but who cares! She was thrilled. By this time I REALLY wasn't feeling well. I felt a fever coming on, and I was really tired. After the fun of hanging around Wall-e we go watch a little singing show..*Sigh* We finally got to sit..That was nice..My feet needed that.
After the show I told Shan to go ahead and get her girls home. We said our goodbyes.

We go back over to DLand because we needed to get our Pass pictures. This really sucked. First I get Raquel her cotton candy and we waited in another loooong line..I was feeling pretty miserable around this time. It was getting dark and the crowd was still amazingly full. We thought around 5pm the crowd would have simmered. But it didn't.. After about an hour we went inside and got our little pictures taken for our passes..Thank God that was done! I'm really not feeling good now.. I didn't want to have dinner in the park so we got back on the tram and headed for our car. I think God was looking down upon me because the traffic(at 6pm at night)was wonderful..The Carpool lane was heaven. Raquel fell asleep, the music from my MP3 player was going..Peace and quiet was in the air. And of course I was sick as a dog. But all in all it was a nice drive home. We get to Mira Mesa. I take the kids to IHOP for dinner. That was pretty good except my dinner was not great. I loved the soup, but the main course was not my favorite. I didn't want to look at it, but took it home anyways.. I threw it away once we got to the house. I just couldn't stand the sight of that white box, knowing there was a dinner I hated. I think it was because I was ill..
Well there you have it! My day at Disneyland.. (Oh by the way, I had Strep throat..I barely could swallow the next day..Got meds for it and now I'm all better..) I hope you enjoyed this edition of my blog..It was an adventure in itself just typing it! Until next time!

4 comments:

shanylin said...

OH, that was soooo funny, I'm crying!!! I DO HATE THAT PIC on the TEACUPS.....sorry your first day was sucky out there....just so you know that crowd was minimal compared to normal....it does get worse, but it is supposed to be "the happiest place on earth", not for adults, but maybe for the kids....isn't that why we do anything??? for the kids?? See you out there this afternoon and hopefully we'll have some fun!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I think you need a hug!!!
Cody

Anonymous said...

Hi Tiff. I read your tale of woe at Disney land and it brought back memories of another little girl who didn't like DL. Your Mom and I took that little girl to DL and we told her she didn't have to go on any thing she didn't want to. I think that was the beginning of her liking DL. So sorry you had such a miserable day. I don't know how you did it with Strep throat coming on. The pictures are cute I'll go through them again and save some of them. I used to get Strep throat a lot. You really do feel like crap.
Love, Honey

Anonymous said...

Dear Tiffany,
What a day! I wonder how many people can really say they had a happy day at Disney Land? I do remember a happy hour or two with Ricardo once--Gordon had taken the other's to something else I don't remember what we did, I think it was an impersonation of Abe Lincoln.
Hope you are having lots of calmer days.
Margo